St. Francis County Partners
Arkansas Ovarian Cancer Coalition
The AROVCC hosts annual awareness rallies for survivors and others who have been personally impacted by ovarian cancer to join together. Survivors will share their story of triumph and courage and keynote speakers will discuss current research and other resources available.Stay tuned to the website for the latest information on what is coming up with AROVCC.
Services Provided: The center is designed to provide you with convenient access to the care you need — close to your home, family and friends.
Arkansas Minority Health Commission
The Commission supports its mission through:
- Studying diseases prevalent in racial and ethnic minority populations and issues related to minority health care access and service delivery
- Identifying any gaps in the state’s health care delivery system that particularly affect minorities
- Recommending policy changes to relevant agencies and the Arkansas legislature to improve health and healthcare delivery and access for racial and ethnic minorities
Arkansas Medical Dental and Pharmaceutical Association, Inc
Services Provided: resource for its members and their patients toward ensuring professional excellence, promoting social justice, and realizing health equity in Arkansas.
Arkansas Insurance Department
Services Provided: The purpose of the State Insurance Department is to serve and protect the public interest by the equitable enforcement of the state’s laws and regulations affecting the insurance industry. The primary mission of the State Insurance Department shall be consumer protection through insurer solvency.
Arkansas Human Development Corporation
Services Provided: To improve the lives of individuals, families and communities through collaborative initiatives.
Assists in increasing the availability of culturally and linguistically competent health services
• Conducts needs assessments
• Networks with other Community Based Organizations [CBOs], government agencies, and other sources for referrals
• Documents accomplishments
• Assists in evaluating effectiveness of programs and impacts
• Measures changes in the community’s knowledge, attitude and belief methods
• Conducts community surveys
• Conducts focus groups
• Provides feedback from the community on how to improve the project
Arkansas Hospital Association
For more than 80 years, the Arkansas Hospital Association (AHA) has worked for the betterment of hospitals by instituting spirited programs in education, government relations, research and communication.
A strong unified AHA, acting independently and in concert with other hospital associations, is essential to the effectiveness of hospitals and to the future of the state’s healthcare system.
The mission of Arkansas Hospice is to enhance the quality of life for those facing terminal illness and grief by surrounding them with love and embracing them with the best in physical, emotional and spiritual care.
Arkansas Geriatric Education Center
- Expand educational opportunities for health professionals practicing in rural and medically underserved areas in Arkansas.
- Develop and disseminate new curricula, courses, materials and experiences for students in the health professions, including public health and medicine, enrolled in institutions of the AGEC consortium that relate to the treatment of health and socio-economic challenges for elderly individuals.
- Offer opportunities for education and training in geriatrics to didactic or clinical faculty who teach or supervise students in the health professions.
- Support continuing education of health professionals who provide geriatric care throughout Arkansas.
- Provide students with clinical training in geriatrics in settings such as nursing homes, chronic and acute care hospitals, ambulatory care centers (AII COAs) and senior centers (AAA).
- Develop a comprehensive evaluation plan that addresses primary, secondary and tertiary outcomes.
Arkansas Department of Health – Breast Care