ACC Board Nomination
The Arkansas Cancer Coalition Nominating Committee is seeking candidates for the Board of Directors. Nominate yourself or a qualified colleague and help ensure the continued excellence of ACC’s leadership.
Board Responsibilities & Candidate Requirements
The ACC Board of Directors is committed to providing a favorable environment for cancer control partners to work to reduce, and ultimately eliminate, the burden of cancer for every person in the state. Our mission is to reduce the human suffering and economic burden from cancer for the citizens of the state of Arkansas. The ACC serves as a platform for more than 1000 members to collaborate, communicate and network to implement the Cancer Plan and improve cancer control programs throughout Arkansas.
- Serve up to two (2), three (3) year terms.
- Attend either in person, or by phone, at least 50% of board meetings.
- Determine policies and ensure their implementation.
- Establish, implement, and evaluate ongoing strategic plans for ACC.
- Establish objective and long‐range plans; aid the Board members and staff of ACC in achieving these objectives and plans.
- Give all meetings and other activities pertaining to ACC high priority on their calendar of commitments.
- Attend the annual conference and actively recruit and encourage others in the state to join ACC and attend ACC partner events.
- Chair and/or serve on at least one board committee.
- Volunteer for those committee assignments and other activities in which they can best function for the good of the Coalition.
- Establish close contact with and an understanding of other board members and the administrative staff.
Board Candidate Requirements:
- Is able to commit to a minimum of 2‐3 hours per month to ACC Committee work, board and committee assignments, and attend all scheduled board meetings
- Possesses leadership skills that will positively affect areas of importance to the organization including: financial management, personnel or business management, professional development, membership development, and fund development.